UNIS Group B.V. (also including the companies and enterprises affiliated to UNIS Group) respects your privacy and will do everything to protect your personal information. Your personal details will be processed by us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other (inter)national applicable laws and regulations. In this privacy statement, we are informing you about how we collect your personal data and how we use and protect this information.
Because your privacy enjoys our constant attention, we reserve the right to modify this privacy statement when new developments may require that. We advise you to regularly consult this privacy statement on our web page so you will be aware of any changes.
What are personal data?
These are data that tell us something about you or that are directly or indirectly related to you.
You share personal information with us if you are our customer, if you want to become one or when you contact us, for example, to apply for a vacancy. This includes your name, phone number or an email address. When you work for a customer and acts as his contact, this is also personal data.
Who is responsible for your data?
The private limited liability company, UNIS Group BV (also including the companies and enterprises affiliated to UNIS Group), established in (9001 XZ) Grou in Biensma 33A – 35A, is responsible for the processing of personal data as indicated in this privacy statement.
What data do we process?
We process the following information when you have (or had) direct or indirect contact with us, for example, because you are a customer or want to be one, you have visited our website, want to work for us or are a supplier, or want to supply us with services. Therefore, we do not always process all the information below. This depends on the services to be supplied, and/or the legal relationship. Of the following personal data, we will only process the necessary data.
- Name and surname
- Date of birth
- Company details
- Address details
- (Direct) telephone number / direct dialling number
- Email address
- Bank account number
- Curriculum Vitae / Motivation
Why may we process data?
We may only process personal data if this is permitted under the applicable laws and regulations. There must always be at least one of the following situations involved. The applicable situation depends on the data that we use. We may process data when:
- You have given permission for the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes. We have then asked you for explicit consent.
- Processing of the data is necessary for the execution of the agreement. For example, if you concluded a repair contract with us. Or to be able to do something to reach an agreement at your request. For example, to prepare a quotation.
- There is a legal obligation to process data. For example legal obligations relating to the tax authorities.
- The processing of personal data is necessary to protect vital interests.
- Processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our interests or those of a third party, except if your interests are more important. It must always concern legitimate interests such as marketing, combatting fraud or administrative goals because you are a customer with us (or in another relationship with us).
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
- To solve your problem quickly and/or for the execution of the agreement if an article is offered for repair, for exchange or if you buy from us. For example a response or spare supply agreement you have concluded with us, but also other ongoing agreements or incidental repairs In this context, we process, for example, your name and contact information. Without this information, we cannot execute the agreement.
- To be able to contact you if it is needed to carry out our services or to inform you of its progress. Without this information, we cannot execute the agreement.
- To deliver (repaired or purchased) items and services to you. Without this information, we cannot execute the agreement.
- To inform you about changes to our services and products.
- To handle payments and invoicing. Without this information, we cannot conclude an agreement with you.
- To file a complaint or a response to a complaint.
- To request quotes, sending orders and other purchase related issues such as negotiations, conversations, its recording and the final agreements.
- To communicate by means of electronic newsletters or by post. Sometimes we send segmented mailings based on the repair/sales history of the customer and information obtained through telemarketing. This enables us to do suitable offers that suit your needs.
- To make personalized offers.
- For promotional purposes and invitations to attend a customer day, sporting event, etc.
- In order to process your application.
Automatic processing, decision making and profiling
We use automated decision-making/processing in the following cases:
- When a requested quote is older than 3 months, an internal message is sent to our processing system so that we can contact you if necessary. If you request this, it can be stopped.
- When there has been no contact with you for 11 months, an internal message is sent to our processing system so that we can contact you if necessary. If you request this, it can be stopped.
- After each repair, an automatic shipment mail (with tracking data) is sent to you so you will know exactly where the consignment is located. If you request this, it can be stopped.
- After every repair and sale, a customer satisfaction survey is automatically sent. If you request this, it can be stopped.
NB: In the previous processes, as a rule we only used company information, not being personal data. Only when this is necessary, will we use personal data. For example, to reach the right contact person.
How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your personal data only as long as necessary for the above mentioned purposes. The retention period depends on the purpose for which the personal information is used. Sometimes we need to retain data for a certain period of time on the basis of a legal obligation. For example, certain financial and accounting data must usually be retained for 7 years. For other data, this is typically a period of 2 years. Once your personal data is no longer necessary, this will be removed.
Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with third parties when this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. We enter into a processing agreement with companies who process your details on our behalf, to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality.
We are very serious about the protection of your data. We therefore take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. However, if you have the impression that your data is not properly secured, or there is evidence of abuse, please contact email@example.com.
Cookies, or similar techniques, which we use
Our website places cookies. Cookies are small text files that a webpage places on a computer, tablet or mobile phone. These cookies are used to ensure the internet page of UNIS Group functions properly, and to monitor the visit, so that we can check how many people have visited the page in a specific period. We only use this data in an aggregated way, and it cannot be traced back to a computer or individual. You can disable cookies through the settings of your browser (i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.).
You will find a list of cookies below, the function of the cookie and the time during which a cookie is stored on your computer.
Google Analytics ( utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz):
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. These cookies provide us with information about the visit on the internet page. For instance, numbers of visitors, popular pages and topics. This allows us to better align the communication with the needs of visitors. We cannot see who (which computer) are visiting the website. Google as a provider of the service can do this, though. You can find more information on Google Analytics cookies on the next page. Additional information on Google Analytics TOS (Terms Of Service) can be found here.
__utma, 2 years after installation or update
__utmb, 30 minutes from placement or update
__utmc, valid during the session, doesn’t apply longer
__utmz, 6 months after installation or update
__utmv, 2 years after placement or update
__utmx, 2 years after installation or update
Flash cookies are placed so you have the option to share products or services via social media buttons on the website.
Up to 90 days.
What are your rights, and how can you exercise them?
You have the right to inspect your personal information, to correct or remove it. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any permission for data processing or to object to the processing of your data. Finally, you have the right to data transfer. That means that you can submit a request with us to send the personal data that we hold on you, in a computer file to you or any other party. Of course, we are at all times held to legal compliance relating to the storage and provision of data and information.
Do you have a question, request or complaint?
For questions about this privacy statement or about the use of your personal data by UNIS Group, and requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint, you can also contact the national supervisory authority, the Personal Data Authority.